Apostle to the Plains: the life of Father Nicola Yanney

I knew I would be interested in this book for many reasons. When my family was chrismated we attended an Antiochian church. I am a history nerd so it is always cool to read about the immigration and settling of the American west. My paternal great grandparents immigrated to America during the early 1900s. And this amazing man baptized 1,000 people over his life. World War I, the Spanish Flu, golly I would not go back in time for any reason, but it is cool to read about the era in which Orthodoxy came to America. History buffs, Orthodoxy nerds, I think you would like this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing Your Wounded Soul: Growing From Pain to Peace

The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner

School's First Day of School