Because of Mr. Terupt ( teacher's edition)

 

I feel kind of silly to say that the reason I read this book was that John Irving said it was good. I picked it up out of a box of Advance Readers and remembered when it had first come out in the early 2010s. It won the E.B. White Read Aloud award in 2011 and it definitely would make a great read aloud for a seasoned teacher who can tackle some of the big issues mentioned in the book ( prejudice, death of a sibling, students being differently abled, bullying and more). 

The author also name drops a lot of fabulous books for kids so the Book Whisperer in me knows students would pick up on that and wonder about and maybe even read things like A Wrinkle in Time and Bridge to Terrebithia. I am glad I read it. And glad I found out the author knew John Irving because he's coached John Irving's s son in wrestling. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebooknut.com/2011/02/13/10-questions-for-rob-buyea/amp/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner

Healing Your Wounded Soul: Growing From Pain to Peace

Nobody will tell you this but me