Beginning watercolor: flowers

This week I started to paint with watercolor. My kiddos have Crayola paints and Melissa and Doug Paint Pads. I have tubes of "Crafts 4 All" inexpensive paint from Amazon. If we are successful at this endeavor we will upgrade. First, I went to the 751.2 nonfiction section of our local public library. I found a lot of books to peruse. I recommend the DK book for young people and beginners. I also bought 2 books after a lot of research. One is for more simple paintings and one is for more realistic botanical paiting. I am only interested in flowers at this point but I am intrigued by landscapes. Here are pictures of my experiments and book recommendations. My pansy painting got 106 likes on Facebook! I don't think I have ever recieved that many for any other thing, maybe a new baby. Happy Painting!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing Your Wounded Soul: Growing From Pain to Peace

The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner

School's First Day of School