Books about Death

At least a few times a year I have a teacher or parent come to me asking for a book about death. Usually it is about a pet. These are my go- to books:


I love "the Fall of Freddie the Leaf" for a student who is experiencing a loss. "What is Death" is good for a general question and "When Dinosaurs Die" is valuable because it goes pretty in-depth about how different people process death, cultural practices, and feelings someone might have when they lose someone close to them. I am very happy to see a new book "Piggy in Heaven" about the death of a guinea pig. Usually books about pets dying are about cats or dogs and this fills a void in our collection. I know my students will appreciate it's soothing message and find comfort that we may meet our pets again one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Anthony, the Great

Because of Mr. Terupt ( teacher's edition)

The Wilderness Journal: Guest Post by Jason Gagnon