The Barn and the Book

Have you ever read Anne of Green Gables as an adult? I listened to it as a book on tape with my daughter and was shocked at how much sympathy I had for Marilla (since being the mother of a strong girl for the past 7 years). I felt the same feeling toward Sister Anna in this book. I also have a soft spot for teachers that are having a hard time (because I still have those feelings from time to time). So this book made me cry. Eleanor loved it and just took it at face value, as a sweet Christmas story about an orthodox gaggle of kids (a lot like her gaggle of kids at Sunday School). She was delighted with the idea of animals being able to talk at midnight on Christmas Eve. It added a magical element to this story. I would buy this for any kid her age. I actually have both Sam and Saucer books on my gift list for my friends' children this holiday season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing Your Wounded Soul: Growing From Pain to Peace

The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner

School's First Day of School