A Daily Calendar of Saints

I have to read in little chunks of time. It's OK, it's just that season of my life. I read a lot of books for work too, and for the kiddos, so spiritual books have been my go to for "me time" (and knitting books, cook books, and everything by Alexander McCall Smith... ). Reading at least a little each day is super important to me. My last book that I read a bit each day was Thoughts for Each Day of the Year by St. Theophan the Recluse. Which I mostly loved and then sometimes thought, oh man that's why that dude was a recluse (sorry, not trying to be disrespectful).
My current book is A Daily Calendar of Saints. I find a lot of inspiration in the lives of the saints.  Understanding their struggles and triumphs in their age and thinking about our modern age is always an eye-opener. We have the saying "it takes your eyes off your shoelaces."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing Your Wounded Soul: Growing From Pain to Peace

The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner

School's First Day of School